Monday, November 12, 2007

11/11/07

I spent yesterday avoiding the fact that it was the 23rd anniversary of the day Samantha & I officially kicked off our relationship. I've written about it before on this blog, specifically:

here (2005), and here (2006).

I've been passing the days nose-deep in writing, parenting, and movie screening. This is one of the low swings where I just keep my head down and hopefully get something done until the energy returns and I get phenomenal things accomplished. I have a film premiere on Thursday, and am taking the woman I've been seeing for the last couple weeks. Should be fun. I was on the guest list for TWO premieres on the same night, both films with folks from OA involved. It sucks to have to choose one over the other, but Ben knows I love him.

On Saturday I took Kayleigh to see The Foreigner at Youngstown. Muriel is beginning to blossom as a director, and she really took advantage of the space. I am going to use those beautiful wood flats for the interior of the Breuhl house when I do Deathtrap in the spring. It was a good show, and half a house on a Saturday matinee is not bad attendance at all! The word is staring to seep out of West Seattle.

Of course I stopped up by the booth and snapped a pic of the etched sign outside, something I'd yet to do in the past year. Looking forward to doing a two-week run of Deathtrap in there.

2 comments:

Dan Heinrich said...

That's great, but Thursday is a screening, not a premiere. The lawyers made me say that.

TD said...

D'oh! I should have known that, considering OA had like FOUR screenings before its premiere in Atlanta. My bad. See you tonight!