Friday, September 08, 2006

"Telegram for Mr. Jesus Christ..."

My eight-year-old daughter just wrote the most amazing poem and posted it to her blog.

Let me back up.

I heard the front screen door close at about 8:30PM, and decided to go see which one of my children was going outside after dark. Kayleigh was standing on the porch in her fuzzy robe, gazing up into the sky.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

"Thinking about Mommy."

"Yeah," I replied. "I've been thinking about her a lot recently."

Then my daughter smiled and said, "I'm starting to think that for the first time, things are going to start going well for us."

I hugged her and left her to her thoughts. An hour later, she had the poem in question. I don't know whence those words came, but that's not an eight-year-old soul talking.

My kids amaze me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can feel the night sky!
: )
Molly

go_go yubari said...

Ah the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...just beautiful, T.

Hugs
Lisa

b said...

Wow.

Maisy said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful daughter's beautiful thoughts.

Ali

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd, It is truly our kids that keep us sane and inspired by the beauty that still exists in this world. She just helped me!

Jeanne