Thursday, March 08, 2007

Redemption

Wow. After I pried Tyler and Kayleigh apart for the second day straight, things settled down somewhat. Tyler fell asleep on the sofa last night as I watched The Illusionist (which, by the way, gets full marks from me as a very satisfying and beautifully made cinematic experience).

This morning I awoke at 6:40AM to find that at some point during the night, Kayleigh had crawled into bed with me and Wiley was poking his head up over the side of the bed, looking very much like he was trying to will us awake with his incredible Doggie Psychic Powers. Within moments, Tyler arrived next to the bed, spatula in hand. "I made breakfast!" he announced.

At first I remembered the last cooking fiasco, which included forks and/or dry Hamburger Helper in the microwave, and my teeth clenched a bit. I forced myself awake, and we all trundled upstairs to find that Tyler had researched a recipe on the Interwebs and was making a stack of French toast. It was DELICIOUS, and I told him so many times over.

Got Kayleigh on the bus. Gonna get into my track pants and head to the gym while my video is rendering, then tonight is Gilda's. I lead the glamorous life.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ah. Domestic Bliss!
I HEART The Illusionist.