Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Update











Thanksgiving for us went like this:

1) pack up kids and wine, leave at 12:30PM
2) sit in parking lot traffic, and arrive in Bellingham at 3PM
3) visit with family and eat shortly after 4PM
4) pack up the car and head home at 5PM

Fortunately I-5 south was wide open and we got home about 6:20PM.

It was good to see my grandparents - my grandfather turns 91 this week, and since his spinal surgery, he's been walking more upright than I've seen him in years. Way to go, Opa!

We had our first family counseling session on Wednesday. Very positive. Mostly just intake stuff and preliminary questions, but definitely like the counselor, and Tyler really needs the outlet.

Ron and Mike and I got together on Friday and played some AT-43. It's been years since I've thrown actual models on a table and rolled dice, but it was really fun. High-quality, prepainted plastics - definitely the way to go if you don't have the time to assemble and paint your own army. I hope the game does well for Rackham.

Took Tyler and his best friend Miles to see Beowulf in 3D IMAX at the Pacific Science Center. It was big. It was loud. The 3D was cool. It was at times some of the best CG animation I've ever seen, and at times the lamest filmmaking. The voice acting was pretty consistently good, and the final battle sequence was some great film, period. So, if you can see it in 3D, I'd recommend it. It's not an instant classic, but it does represent some important achievements in computer animation.

Still finishing up the top-secret short project, and getting preproduction started on Duo. And I also need to start planning for Deathtrap.

Amy & I had a few very long and intense conversations and determined that, although we definitely click on many levels and share a wide cultural overlap, I just wasn't feeling the romantic spark. We're remaining friends, which is great. I understand that's unusual for a lot of folks. I'm on speaking terms with every woman I dated after Sam died, except one. That's a pretty good ratio. In any case, that's the end of my internet dating story. If any relationship is gonna happen, it'll be meeting through common interests and/or work. I just get that feeling.

Okay... back to it.

1 comment:

Lynnae said...

(( whew!! ))

Your energy radiates through your blog. I can only imagine how fast your head hits the pillow at night!

Glad you had a great, although speedy, holiday :)

Cheers indeed!