Monday, July 16, 2007

Carrie & The Loons

I took the kids to the West Seattle Street Fair today for two very specific reasons. Playing consecutive sets at the south stage were two of my favorite Seattle bands: Two Loons For Tea and Carrie Akre.

I took my camera and shot a little of this, and a little of that.

Also wanted to make special note of Stoned Guy, who danced his Jig of Altered Consciousness in front of the stage right speaker stack all day.

We got home in time for a quick dinner before Kayleigh had to be at rehearsal, and then I rendered a couple videos from today's shooting.

Speaking of shooting, I got my first interview on Saturday - for my documentary on widowhood and starting over. Jeanne was in my Gilda's group, and was incredibly forthcoming and candid regarding her experiences. I think I got some good stuff.

A quick appearance at my friend Sharon's get-together (Sharon is another Gilda's friend, who lost her brother the same weekend Sam died), and then it was up to Ballard for swimming and dinner. A full weekend, to be sure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Wish I could have gone with you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time :)
Gotta love weekends like that.
---Nix

Lynnae said...

*LOVE* the dancing guys at the festivals!! Makes me realize how "normal" I really am. heh heh.

Good to see you guys enjoying the weather and all that the city has to offer :)

Lynnae